Monday, November 28, 2011

My holiday-ed up space at The Two Sisters Antiques and Gifts in Dunnellon, Florida

I had not been to Dunnellon in a few months to pretty up my space.  I had been so busy with family, the wedding/vacation trip to Rhode Island, and painting, painting, painting for The Fancy Flea that I had to let something go and with my 1 hour and 40 minute trip up there, it is what gave.  I know you're thinking I am crazy for traveling that distance to be in a shop, but I want you to know first, that my Mom lives in Dunnellon, so I always have dual reasons for going up there and a place to stay if I need more time to clean and stock.  And, secondly, when I started with the two girls, Brenda and Cheryl, I was living in Tampa and the trip was a wee bit shorter.  The girls initially opened their shop by renting a little house on one street back and I had the sunniest little room on the right. After a year or so, they decided it was time to buy their own property and reopened on Pennsylvania Avenue right in the heart of the historic district. And, I have the sunniest little room on the right! I have so enjoyed being with the girls all this time and we have quite a few regulars who come to see what is new that I even know a few by their names. The shop is different from the other shops I am in...it's more Victorian...and I feature a lot of my pretties here...a lot of glass, pretty porcelain, and nice antique furniture. I had not photographed my room in a while so I thought that after being up there to get ready for the holiday season and Dunnellon's own Victorian Holiday this past Saturday that I thought it was a good time to feature my space in their shop.  I have to apologize as I am featuring only my room since it was dark and late by the time I got around to doing this.  Next time, I will feature the rest of the house so you can see all that the shop has to offer. If you have not been to Dunnellon to shop or to take advantage of the tubing or kayaking activities then you're missing out.  Take a weekend to go enjoy this wonderful little town.  There are a few motels in town if you want to stay and make the best of it. Call the Chamber of Commerce and they will be happy to help you out. And, be sure to stop by The Two Sisters Antiques and Gifts and check out my sunniest little room! Enjoy my photos.


Entering my little room:

See the Johnson Brothers Rose Chintz dinnerware I just found.  Service for 8! Goes well with ruby red glassware!
 I just brought in some Fostoria amethyst wine stems...and some other violet and green pretties.
 The holiday scent, Snow Lily, is packaged in a pretty blue and looks nice with this little grouping.
 I brought back this set of Royal Albert Flower of the Month teacups and saucers from Rhode Island!
 And, I just brought in this hand painted charger size cabinet plate with beautiful pink roses. Add a plate holder and they make the prettiest art on your wall.
 My corner cabinet is filled with gorgeous vintage glass...most of it is hand cut and it sparkles with the mirrors behind it. This is one of the only painted pieces in my room right now and everyone wants to buy it...sorry, it would be too hard to replace. It makes for a wonderful display piece.
 More glass:  I carry a lot of Princess House and Fostoria American.
 I have a pretty English bone china tea set...complete with luncheon/snack plates and cups, sugar and creamer and teapot. It has pretty bud roses on it.
 This bowl of holiday scented mini soaps was overflowing when the shop opened. I filled it again and by the end of the evening it was down low again.  I left all that I had with me.
 I also put most of the demitasse cups and saucers that I find here at The Two Sisters.
 Here's an up-close of the Princess House...I price it real reasonable.  Looking for anything?  I just stocked tumblers, coffee mugs, stem wine glasses, and a wine decanter all in the Heritage pattern.  I also had a couple of spooners, but they sold the day I put them in.  I have another set I will be bringing in, in their original box!
 Here's better picture of my tea set and also check out my pink milk glass cake stand!
 I hate that I have to have a locked case, but unfortunately it's a must. I feature all of my little treasures, fragile, and pricier items in here.  By the way, ALL of my FENTON is 20% off.  I have quite a selection, some in this case and others throughout my space.
 Mmmmm...the wonderful soap I carry.  Sometimes it's the only thing that sells...and I wonder if I should just be in the soap business!  The are beautifully packaged and they make great gifts.  My room...okay, the shop, smells so nice because of my soaps and powders. I also carry body lotion in some of the scents.  I am doing a deal on my everyday scents just for the holidays:  Buy a lotion and a powder and get the bar of soap free!
 Three of the 7 holiday scents that I carry.  I carry the mini bars as well as the larger bars...make great stocking stuffers, or gifts for teachers, secret pals, and office workers.
 This dresser top was filled with ruby red punch cups that sold Saturday night. They had a wonderful turn-out for their annual Victorian Holiday, always the Saturday eve following Thanksgiving.  Check them out this Saturday for their First Saturday event....starts at 8 a.m.!!!
Let me know if you see anything you are interested in.  I hope you get a chance to visit Dunnellon sometime. Shop The Grumble House for antiques and wonderful gardening items, Always Something for antiques and other sweet finds, Aunt Bobby's for antique glassware and furniture, My New Old Chair for newly upholstered furniture, and for lunch, I highly recommend Abigail's. All are within walking steps from The Two Sisters!
Bye for now. denise

17 comments:

  1. Hey Denise, sorry I missed you today. Wish I would have known you were coming, I am about a mile away from the Emporium.
    Yes, let's do lunch next time you are in town.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOur shop looks wonderful!! Guess what I just found out I am going to do the Fancy Flea, we are going to meet!!! Yea! I have never done a show, it is on my bucket list, I am so excited and working like crazy. I maybe picking your brain! Now linking up for the dress form party, click on the title of your dress form blog post, then highlight the address in the top bar, copy the address, go to my link party and paste that address in where it asks for it, then it will ask for a name you will put in "My dress form Lily" and then it will ask for your email address and that is it. I am going to see if I can find a tutorial anywhere and I will put that in my next post.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful shop. I love your shop at Pattie Anne's Vintage Land too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you have no reply comment blogger on I thought I would answer the comment you just left here. The red and white checked drapes are from countrycurtains.com and they do still carry them. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denise, I didn't know you had a blog!!! I'm following it now! We have not put up the vendors yet, we are waiting to put a bunch at once. I thanked you on FB because your in put on "Make sure there is plenty of parking" stuck in my brain, you were so right and I think I may have made a mistake on my venue if your words were not ringing in my ears!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Denise, thank you for your kind words about the Polka Dot Flea...It is so appreciated!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete